Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Brick And Mortar

I can't believe how far we have come in so little time. The Villain Theater stage, box office, green room, bar, classroom, and entrance are all currently being built out for our August 1st Grand Opening Show Saturday Gigantic!

It's really amazing how we've gotten to this point in such a short time. Our growing student body and performers will soon have a place to call home along with shows to watch and learn from. It's amazing all the little things that spring up as we prepare to open.  Expected questions and hurdles like how to position the lighting or the color of the paint for the walls and also unexpected ones like which plants to use for the garden entrance or where the sandwich boards should be placed to maximize visibility.  All have been stressful and fun at the same time.

It takes a lot to get this to be the best it can be including marketing, great performers, lighting design, sound design, staff, payment systems, and all other manner of things I won't bore you with. As a producer I had always done a little of this for my shows but having an actual venue is a much bigger monster to tackle. 

I've loved every minute of it. I get as excited about getting insurance as I do about getting on stage. (I definitely get more excited about the stage) You get excited about everything when you are putting your whole life out there to build a dream. Peter and I take everything in good humor and try to keep things light even with all the pressure to get this place open. Everything is looking good and I'll be happy to welcome all of you in on August 1st.

Get your tickets! You don't want to miss the sight of a large Cuban man (me) shedding tears of joy. 

Jeff Quintana
Artistic Director
Villain Theater

No comments:

Post a Comment